Arkansas boasts some absolutely incredible and affordable activities for families across the state, but the one that should top your summer fun list is the brand new Rogers Aquatics Center, scheduled to open THIS Saturday, May 25.
And, get this: half price punch passes (10 visits for about $4/each) are available this week only! More information below.
Many northwest Arkansas residents aren’t aware that Rogers offers this fantastic new attraction! Whether it is on your radar or not, you should know that this is not some backyard-sized concrete slab with a couple of hoses and a big slide. Here’s a small sampling of the features:
- Tadpole Hole: shaded, toddler-friendly pool with sprinklers, slide, play area and zero depth entry (like a beach).
- The Ole Swimmin’ Hole: a play area for younger children including large floatables and shallow water lounge areas for parents.
- Otter Holler: giant play structure with slides, cannons for shooting water and random downpours from a giant overhead water bucket.
- Tree Top Drop: gigantic, steep side-by-side speed slides for racing.
- Super Flush: an enormous spiral bowl slide that drops into an 8′ pool near a rock climbing wall (photo below) over the water.
- Hawk’s Nest Falls: two long, winding flume slides – one open and sunny, the other dark and enclosed to get your heart thumping.
- White River Run: a meandering lazy river winding through the park for inner tube floating.
- Cement Pond: competition pool with diving board for fitness and lap swimmers.
These are serious splash park features – one of the Arkansas Women Bloggers we invited for a sneak peek of the park claimed she was too terrified to try a few of the slides!! We won’t name any names, but her initials are AJ and she blogs about food. Suffice it to say there should be no doubt in your mind that a day at the new Rogers Aquatics Center will keep you very entertained and completely exhaust the kids in your life. Exhibit A after our recent visit:
The Rogers Aquatics Center project was funded by the 2011 Rogers Bond Issue voted on by citizens, and is operated by the City of Rogers Parks Department. Daily admission prices range from $8 to $15 (a steal for a full day family activity) based on height, with Rogers residents and business owners paying reduced prices. All admission and concession prices as well as facility rules and group reservation information are available on the Rogers Aquatics Center website. Summer operating hours are Monday – Saturday 11a – 8p and Sunday from noon – 6p.
A few other fun facts about the best new summer attraction in Rogers:
- Smaller children (below 36″) are admitted FREE.
- Visitors may come and go – a hand stamp allows you to leave for a bite (or a nap).
- More than 300 chaise lounges and plenty of shallow-water edge seating near play areas.
- Top notch shower and changing facilities, family restrooms and ample lockers for 25 cents.
- Concession area with quick meals for about $3.50 (i.e. hot dog or corn dog, chips and drink).
- Private pavilion rentals for birthday parties, group and corporate events.
- 10-Pass Punch Cards (50% off this week) range from $65 – $99 (less than $10 per visit).
- Punch cards may be shared by friends and family or used multiple times by one person.
- Dedicated rates ($35/month) and times (11a – 2p and 5p – 7:30p) for lap swimmers.
- Special discounted twilight admission rates (after 4pm) offered Monday through Saturday.
- Additional discounts and special admission days will be announced throughout the season.
The very best way to stay in the loop about special discounts, activities and admission days is to like the Rogers Aquatics Center page on Facebook!
The Rogers Aquatics Center is located at 1707 South 26th Street in Rogers – just north of the intersection of 26th Street and New Hope Road (I-540 exit 83). Visit to purchase discounted punch passes or call for additional information: 479-936-5482.
Again, all admission prices, concession prices, special admission offers, facility rules and group reservation forms are available at the Rogers Aquatics Center website.
Kudos to Rogers for developing a fantastic amenity for residents and visitors alike – I hope to see you there this summer! You’ll find Ainsley and her boyfriend there regularly:
Disclaimer: I received free admission to a short sneak peek day at the Rogers Aquatics Center. All opinions are my own, and I’m beyond happy to help spread the word about the facility and other great features of my community. Thanks to the Rogers Convention & Visitors Bureau and the City of Rogers for their innovative marketing partnership with me and with Arkansas Women Bloggers!
Photos from the Rogers CVB, Rogers Aquatics Center and fellow blogger Jenny Marrs of Blessings and Raindrops!