Confession: I am a hoarder of open browser tabs.
Shhh. This is supposed to be a judgment free zone.
- Organizes tabs chronologically: get back to everything from today… or last Tuesday.
- Restore or delete all or manage tabs easily within the OneTab list.
- Share tabs as web page (!) – I do still use this feature to save tabs into Evernote, for example multiple blogs or articles on a topic for future reference.
- Import or export URLs
- Skip pinned tabs – i.e. the handful you really do want open all the time and not swept into OneTab.
- Grab some tabs – great for sweeping only certain sites (to the right or left, for example) into OneTab.
- Named tabs – create a group of frequently visited or related tabs – for example, pull up all sites with ease for a social media audit.
- Cool optional features – not that you – or I – ever have Gmail open in multiple tabs, but if one did, “silently reject duplicates.” would just quietly and non-judgmentally skip it.
Ok, get out there and enjoy this sanity saver! It’s pretty rare to find tools that are free, functional – and truly put out into the world for the betterment of all. OneTab is a breath of fresh air. Try it and let me know what you think!
Side note: the “Shiny Objects” series is about to go through a slight evolution. What do you think of these posts? Are they helpful for finding and exploring nifty new tools? I’d love your feedback!