I’m fortunate to have experienced a childhood living in some places well off the beaten path (Dutch Guiana, Jamaica) and to have spent my twenties “studying” French and Spanish and exploring (Spain, France, Mexico, Martinique, Belgium, the UK and beyond). I’m also a fan of going off the beaten path to explore the scenic byways and roads less traveled – in my home state of Arkansas and beyond. And, the coming year will include some far less standard adventures (Armenia, Russia) in my role with StartUp Cup.
Travel writing has always been near and dear to my heart, whether on assignment for print publications and blogs or for my own edification.
I welcome inquiries and contribution opportunities and have a deep history of collaborating with destination marketing organizations due to my time working in the tourism industry.
In addition to the travel-specific pieces below, view my general writing samples and published work here.
- The Tennessee Files (Great Smoky Mountains)
- The Wisconsin Files (Chain O’ Lakes Area)
ARKANSAS ~ Meanderings along old highways at a slower pace
- An Ode to Highway 71 in Arkansas – Part One (Texarkana to Lockesburg)
- An Ode to Highway 71 in Arkansas – Part Two (Lockesburg to Huntington)
- Northern Arkansas Meanderings (Springdale to Mountain View), published in 2NJoy Magazine, October 2012.
A SENSE OF PLACE: